Get Free Shots from Snap.com

what's happening with mom

>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom lives in Klang on her own closeby the hospital where she works as a nurse. Yesterday morning, I called my brother in Boston right after he sent me an SMS and I was told the bad news that mom fell down (again) ! Just like me, mom dances only to the tune of the snake charmer. Exercise is a subject that embedded somewhere in a deep dark recess of our brain that we don't even know where it is ! What's most important to mom is air-conditioning and cable TV. Maybe about 2 weeks back, she fell outside her home and thought nothing of it until she felt some numbness in her hand. She consulted with the doc and was diagnosed of having 1 or 2 prolapsed discs in her neck area. For the past week, she's kept her silence and has been undergoing physiotherapy that requires several hours of traction per session. Mom, I noticed is getting clumsy in her old age and naturally we worry about her. My brother intends to have her over in Boston sometime during Autumn but I am concerned that the cost of her medical care will be financially stressful for him. Neither of us can deny that the present economy has done nothing for our bank accounts except deplete it since everything cost more these days. We are thankful to still have our jobs and my brotehr was actually surprised that he was able to renew his work permit. What mom needs is exercise and to lose weight. Her body is getting a wee bit too heavy for her legs to carry and I suspect that that's the reason for her back problems. We can't do much if she doesn't want to listen, can we ? All I can do now if pray for her good health and that she stays safe. No more falls please and mom, please watch your footing !

0 comments:

beeMP3

Maria Vidal - Body Rock
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Ads by Nuffnang

Blog & Earn

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!

Blogger.my

Blogged.my

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP