Get Free Shots from Snap.com

science & mathematics not in english ?

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

I was shocked. I would have expected our government to allow the teaching of mathematics and science in English. We are regressing ! Whoever made that stupid decision I wonder. This has long been a controversial subject with certain sectors for it and others against it. Those who were against it said that the rural kids would lose out and will not be able to cope. What bullshit ! Our government lacks foresight and I am one disappointed citizen. Our government would rather have graduates who cannot communicate. I remember a few years back when I had to shortlist candidates for a vacancy. This required me to call them and I was shocked at the standard of English they conversed in. Most of those whom I spoke to to were graduates from US and UK. How on earth did they graduate ? Clearly the emphasis is on quantity and not quality. Many years back, we had credit cards that could only be used in Malaysia, remember ? Well, this is going to be the quality of our graduates - only for the Malaysian market ! Who else would want them if they can't converse in English.

So for those of you who voted that science and mathematics should be taught in Bahasa Malaysia, please rethink. Should be give in to this handicap or should we encourage education ? Politicians are no doubt hypocrites. While they vote that science and mathematics be taught in Bahasa Malaysia, I would love to know how many of them choose to school their children overseas where English is the primary medium of teaching. So then...tell me again that English is not important !

0 comments:

beeMP3

Maria Vidal - Body Rock
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Ads by Nuffnang

Blog & Earn

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!

Blogger.my

Blogged.my

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP